Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Dead Chicken Society is dead, long live the Dead Chicken Society!

Marcella, thank you for this electronic revival of our old group, this is the best birthday present ever! A sort of automatic electronic defibrillator of chickens, bringing our little group back to life. Scientists need creative outlets too, or they can go boring.

-----
Lately, I have been writing show-tunes. I hate show tunes, and I haven't even really ever seen a show, but anyway, it just came out. Some students of mine taught me broadway dance moves, so you have to sing yourself this little ditty in an upbeat, plastered on smile kinda way. It is inspired by teaching biology up North in woods full of, well, you'll see. . .
-----
"Walkin in the Woods"
(uptempo, jazzy almost saccharine happpiness broadway style)

I have a tick- in my heart
over you!
You got me in your mandi-bles
like a foooooool!

(dancers enter, lindy-ball and chain with jazz hands)
A passerby I'm walkin'
but it's me you were stalkin'
you dropped in on me
right outa tha Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!
Oops I got a tick, in my heart
I think it's you.

(dancers do fouettes during chorus)
I have a tick- in my heart
becaues of you!
You've bit into me
with anti-coagulant droooooool!

(dancers do scary forest creeping jazz interpretations, crawling lower until they jump up suddenly at 'surprise')
(slower, contemplative pace)
In life's murky for-rest
my armor turned out porous
You found a way in,
SURPRISE! Baby it's you!
I got a tick, in my heart,
what can I do?

(dancers do jazz squares, occassional chassee and leap)
My heart, it's a-thumpin'
My blood is pump pump pumpin'
since you dropped in on me
right outa tha bluuuuuuuuuuue!
The tick,
in my heart,
Surgar it's you!

(dancers do high can-can, high heels fly off into the audience, who have all signed wavers prior to the show; fake blood spurts from the ceiling, and the dancers get engorged (their costumes are equiped with compressed air that fills the tick abdomen part out.))
EVERYBODY!
I have a tick, in my heart
ov-ver youuuuuuuu
you dropped in on me
right outa tha bluuuuuuuue!
I have a tick in my heart
baby, it's YOU!

(rinse, lather, repeat)

No comments: