Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Heart Beat of the Dead Rubber Chicken

The Heart Beat of the Dead Rubber Chicken

Every day, as I sit and work

I hear Hurricane Catrina

Pound and destroy New Orleans

Every day, Hurricane Catrina

Roars from above

In hi-fidelity, IMAX surround sound

Every day, Hurricane Catrina

Beats the rhythm

Of the Rubber Chicken heart

Every day, I hear the Rubber Chicken's heartbeat

And I am forced backwards

In time to that

Every day moment

When I first heard

Catrina had whipped out New Orleans.

Every day, whoosh -- thump

I travel back in time

To Burning Man

Every day I would experience

Unbelievable events

And I didn't believe the stories

of the Rubber Chicken heartbeat

That destroyed an old port city

Whoosh -- thump

The Rubber Chicken has no heart murmur.

Aaronious 2007


No comments: